Sunday, May 10, 2009

Star Trek the Movie

So Jon and I went and saw the new Star Trek movie last thursday at the midnight showing. And BTW there are sooo many siiick movies coming out this summer!

Anyway, I totally loved the movie. I loved how they combined classic Star Trek with 2009. Whether it's the uniforms, weapons or even the Enterprise itself, I like the design updates. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original series and what it gave the world. But it is nice to see Star Trek go in a new direction.

They did a great job with their casting selections. Literally every decision was an excellent one. Zachary Quinto physically prepared for his audition by coloring hair, shaving eyebrows and taping his fingers together to practice the Vulcan salute. Chris Pine lost himself in Star Trek encyclopedia's and books. Letters exchanged with William Shatner also gave insight into the way he would become James T. Kirk. Simon Pegg was also the only cast member never to audition for the part, JJ Abrams said it was his for the taking. Pegg delivers big time! I wish he had had more screen time.

The writers do a great job allowing this movie to be awesome while not altering the current storyline of the Star Trek universe. To understand that you might have to see it!!!


Whether it was the characters, the sci-fi awesomeness or the fact that it is Star Trek with a 2009 Face lift...it was a great movie and I recommend it to anyone. It requires no previous knowledge of Star Trek...of course you will appreciate it more if you have it!!

Live long and Prosper...Nerd Matt signing off :)



4 comments:

  1. You are a nerd. But that's one of the reasons I love you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your defense, this is a genetic thing because your family are also trekkies!! Nice blog babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, I love that you have a blog!!! I am glad you guys loved the movie! Ps You look Great! Miss ya. What,What!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only YOU could get away with blogging about Star Trek! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete